Monday, July 19, 2010

Day #64, #33 Marionette and the Bust of Elvis




 
Today's sandwich was the #33, Marionette and the Bust of Elvis. It was named after a guest named Marionette, who has long since moved away. She was a regular though, always coming in dressed eccentrically and really stood out from the crowd. Sometimes she would come into the Laundry by herself, with her bust of Elvis, and sit it across from her on the table as she was eating.

This sandwich is made on Zingerman's rosemary focaccia bread. I really like the rosemary focaccia, along with the tomato basil focaccia that we get in daily. Focaccia is quite popular in Italy and is usually seasoned with olive oil and sometimes herbs, and may be topped with onion, cheese and meat, or flavored with a number of vegetables. Focaccia doughs are similar in style and texture to pizza doughs, consisting of high-gluten flour, oil, water, salt and yeast. If you haven't tried ours, I strongly suggest it!

The inside of the sandwich I find to be just as interesting as the bread that it is made on. There's a variety or roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, squash, and onions. It also has a garlic mayo, which yellow color surprised me, but it actually was very good.

I liked this sandwich because it was so unintimidating, however still unusual. It's a great sandwich for vegetarians, or those that enjoy their veggies in a sandwich. I would most definitely get this again, and I already know I'm going to eat the rest as my mid-night snack later!

1 comment:

  1. never tried this but it looks like a good vegetarian option!

    ReplyDelete