Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day #60, Bohemian Breeze




I haven't blogged about a salad for awhile, and this warm weather lately always makes me crave it. The Bohemian Breeze is a great summer salad- home-made chicken salad, mandarin oranges, fresh strawberries, and cashews on a bed of crisp romaine lettuce. It's served with our awesome home-made raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

I've had this salad before, but I'm going to admit that I didn't really like the chicken salad. I picked most of it off, and didn't really give the salad as a whole a very good chance. This time I ate the salad as it should be eaten, mixing the ingredients together to get the whole flavor. This made me realize that eating a piece of chicken salad by itself is so much different than eating it with strawberries, cashews, and mandarin oranges. By eating this salad I realized the importance of trying to eat a dish the way that it was meant to be enjoyed.

This is by far my favorite summer salad. The fruit and cashew combination, and it made me feel like I was on vacation while I was eating my dinner. I would most definitely recommend this year-round, even though I really do think it is perfect for dining on the patio in the warm weather!

1 comment: