Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day #58- Vegetable Gratin












I'm waiting for Mr. Mark Hamel to get back to me on the history of the next sandwich. Therefore, I decided to move on through the dinner menu and have the Vegetable Gratin. It is made with a Spanish style rice, topped with seasonal summer vegetables, and fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; then baked until golden.


The dish is vegetarian, but not vegan, because of the cheeses. The rice is a little spicy, but it was still easy for me to eat. The seasonal vegetables on my dish were yellow squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. I thought that the vegetables and the cheese complimented the rice very well.


When I was talking to Chef Jody about this dish, I told her that it's pretty similar to what I make at home most of the time. It's true, most of the dinners that I make include rice, vegetables, cheese, and chicken. Although I will say that this dish was much better than something that I would have made at home.


I know that I will order this dish again. I genuinely liked everything about it, and that is usually pretty rare for me. Even if you aren't a vegetarian, I suggest that you give it a try. I think that it will surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment