Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day #74, Turkey Meatloaf

I'm finally on the last dinner entree- until the menu changes at the end of September or beginning of October. Still, it will be good timing for me to try and get through some more of the sandwich menu!

Our meatloaf is made with turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, tomato paste, Grafton Vermont cheddar, and french dijon. It's served with roasted baby potatoes and vegetable du jour.

Although I'm sure many people grew up eating meatloaf, and cold meatloaf sandwiches the next day (as the menu says) I was not one of them. I cannot remember a single time that my mother made meatloaf, and I can honestly say I have never tried it! So trying it here was quite the experience, but I'm so glad that I tried it because it was so much different than I expected.

For some reason I expected meatloaf to have a really odd texture to it, but it did not at all. It had good flavor, and I also liked the gravy on top. It was totally not what I had expected it to be, and that is always a pleasant surprise to me! I not only see the appeal of this entree, but I realized that it something that I might be able to actually eat (and enjoy) again in the future. I really like that the meatloaf and are chili are made with turkey rather than beef. Most of the time I am always more comfortable trying something that is made with turkey.

Well, this is the last dinner entree post! You will get a low down on the new dinner entrees in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. Turkey meat loaf for lunch is a really good deal with the tossed salad included

    ReplyDelete