Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day #80, The Laundry Artichoke Dip

I'm amazed that I have only two more items left on the dinner menu- the artichoke dip, and charcuterie plate!

Today I'm enjoying the artichoke dip, which I am always a fan of. Many restaurants have some type of spinach and artichoke dip that they offer as a appetizer. I usually order that for an appetizer when dining out, so I've had it at many restaurants.

The laundry's is different that most others that I have had before. The first time I had it, I couldn't really place the flavor that was different...and then realized..Gorgonzola cheese. For a blue cheese, I find Gorgonzola to be very mild and manageable. I think by now everyone knows that I don't like blue cheese. However I do find the addition of Gorgonzola cheese very easy to enjoy because it is not too strong of a blue cheese flavor.

The Laundry artichoke dip is made with fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, sauteed mushrooms, French brie, Parmigiano Reggiano, and Gorgonzola cheese. It is baked until golden and served with Zingerman's French Baguette.

It's a very popular appetizer and I think most people like it for the same reasons that I do- it's a different twist on an appetizer that we are all familiar with. I also love the addition of mushrooms to the dip, but that's just because I love mushrooms in anything!

I would recommend this dish to anyone as an appetizer. If I like it, I know you will as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment