Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day #81, #41 Joyce and All the Holy Angels

The #41 is made with rare roast beef, American Spoon portobello mushroom relish, and boursin cheese on grilled Zingerman's French Farm bread.

I've learned that I don't mind roast beef. I still prefer chicken or turkey, but if those aren't options then I think I would opt for roast beef. It's not greasy, and actually has really good flavor to it, although I do prefer to eat it warm rather than cold. So I was a little excited about this sandwich, knowing right off the bat that I probably would not hate it.

The mushroom relish and boursin cheese make an interesting, yet pretty good combination. I love boursin cheese now, but I had never even heard of it before working at the Laundry. Boursin is made from cow's milk, cream, garlic, salt, white pepper, parsley, and chives.

The American Spoon portobello mushroom relish was also a pleasant surprise. It's a blend of roasted portobello mushrooms, shiitakes, and cepes. It is also made with white wine and white wine vinegar, so it does of course have a vinegar taste to it. The mushrooms relish, boursin, and roast bee compliment each other very well.

This sandwich was named after Mark's aunt, Joyce Hamel. I'm not certain of the whole story behind the name, but I will post it when I do.

Try this sandwich! I think it's the one that changed my mind about roast beef. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment