Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day #36- Greek Salad




The Greek Salad is made with Romaine lettuce, feta cheese, dolmas (stuffed grape leaves), roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and Greek herbs. We serve it with Aegean dressing on the side, and a bread end and butter.

This salad is awesome. I wasn't sure that I would like it (surprise) but I'm a salad lover so I had to try it. I've had dolmas a few times, but I was never really sure what they were made of. Dolmas are usually made with rice or grain, onion, parsley, herbs and spices. The type we use are packed into a brine solution, giving them a slightly pickled flavor. I suggest trying them if you haven't, they are sure to surprise you.

Our Aegean dressing is made with feta cheese, olive oil, and kalamata olives as main ingredients, along with other herbs and spices. It goes great along with the flavor of the dolmas and the Greek seasoning on the salad.

This salad really surprised me, and I am certainly glad that I gave it a try. Although there isn't any meat on it, it was a really large portion of food- I honestly wasn't hungry the rest of the night. I'll order this salad again for sure, and would recommend it to any other salad lover!

1 comment:

  1. An amazing salad. This is my favorite salad and the salad that got me to like salads. Everything about it just tastes great. I had to watch my spending a bit when I was ordering this salad along with whatever sandwich I wanted AND a piece of pie. The dolmas are the best I've tasted and really liked the feta cheese used for it as well as the dressing.

    ReplyDelete