Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day #29, Norma & Floyds




The Norma and Floyd's is made with a heaping bowl of house made corned beef hash, topped with two eggs served over easy, and a slice of Jewish Rye toast. Our corned beef hash is not the same as the canned type I had growing up. Yes, I ate corned beef hash as a child, which seems surprising even to me. I loved it when I was little, but as I grew up I stopped eating it completely.

The corned beef hash in this breakfast entree is made with corned beef, celery, onion, and red and green peppers, and of course, redskin potatoes. I was incredibly surprised by how much I liked the hash. It was flavorful and satisfying, but the corned beef did not over power the dish as I assumed that it would.

The Norma and Floyd's is named after...Norma and Floyd. They were regulars at the laundry years ago, and came in like clockwork every week to buy bread and a pound of our bacon. Although this couple was not made of money, they appreciated good food and were willing to pay for quality. Mark saw this as a classic example of how you do not have to be rich or sophisticated to enjoy high quality delicious food.

I liked this breakfast. Maybe even enough to have it again, but definitely enough to appreciate it. I would recommend it to any corned-beef fans, it's a must to try for breakfast, and most definitely brings back some childhood memories!

1 comment:

  1. Sure doesn't look like canned corned beef... :)

    ReplyDelete