Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day #16, Bub's Meat and Potatoes




Today I had another item off the breakfast menu- Bub's Meat and Potatoes. Sounds like a pretty manly dish; you rarely hear of a woman being called Bub by anyone. It is a very hearty breakfast- a handmade potato pancake topped with tenderloin medallions, over easy eggs, and Gorgonzola cream.

This dish is named after Chef Jody's son, Kyle, who is nicknamed Bub's. Chef Jody made the dish for him quite frequently- and it is her version of steak and eggs.

I found it quite unusual to be eating steak for breakfast, or at all for that matter. It's been years since I have even attempted to eat steak, so this was overall very interesting to me. The taste of the steak was better than what I had remembered, which is a big step for me. The Gorgonzola cream was totally different than I had expected, it had a hint of blue cheese flavor, but it was not too overwhelming like blue cheese normally is for me. I guess I should have expected to like it since I love out Apricot Gorgonzola Dip. The only thing I really disliked about the dish was the over-easy eggs. There was nothing wrong with the eggs, they were cooked to perfection, but I always prefer my eggs over hard or scrambled.
I can see how others would see this as a breakfast favorite, and I'm happy to have experienced something else outside of my "food box."





3 comments:

  1. I was just looking over the dinner menu for a date night with my husband. And of course our favorite lunch place came to mind since we've heard such great things about The French Laundry's dinner menu.

    As a blogger myself, I was so excited to see your blog. This is a fantastic idea for a blog. I can't wait to check back frequently to read about all the dishes we've yet to try. It's so hard to find new favorites when we're already so hooked on our current ones. This will be perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it, I am as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to give this a try next time I'm in...it sounds like it would be great on a day that I won't have time for lunch, since it will fill me up. I'm glad to see the pictures and listen to your descriptions. it is so hard to decide once there.thanks

    ReplyDelete