Friday, April 9, 2010

Day #12, Appetizer- Shrimp de Jonghe


Today I had the second appetizer off of our Supple Suppers menu- Shrimp de Jonghe. I was a little intimidated by this because I have not eaten shrimp in years.

Our Shrimp de Jonghe is black tiger shrimp baked in Parmesan, parsley, and garlic butter sauce, topped with bread crumbs. It is served with a baguette crostini; which is sliced baguette, topped with garlic, butter, and Parmesan.

This appetizer always smells awesome, but I hadn't tried it until now because of the shrimp. Anything that has shrimp I normally replace with chicken...however, thetas hard to do in this case.

I really liked the crostini, (who wouldn't?) it was fully of flavor and the Parmesan was awesome. I ate the shrimp on top of the crostini, which was even better. The shrimp had a terrific buttery garlic flavor, and the bread crumbs on top added a better texture to the shrimp.

While this was hard to eat as a dinner entree (all the butter!) it really is great for people sharing an appetizer. With all of the flavor and different textures it really would be something I would order and share with friends. I guess I should not have been intimidated by the shrimp after all!

1 comment: